Join the Waste Revolution!
We are proud to be part of a community that takes the well-being of our planet seriously. Our staff works hard to find ways to reuse and recycle, and our stores are equipped to make it easy for you to save money and reduce waste while shopping!
Little choices make a difference! Please join us in moving toward a zero-waste future...
...when you come and go
- Sort your scraps into their proper bin by utilizing our new waste bins!
…at the register
- Choose not to print your receipt
- Use your own reusable bags at the register
- Take a free box
…at the Bakery and Juice Bar
- Use your own cup for coffee, smoothies, juice or kombucha
...at the Deli and Salad Bar
- Use your own container for prepared foods and salads, but be sure to ask a clerk for assistance!
…in the aisles
- Use your own containers in the bulk section
- Buy reusable bags for the produce section, or skip the bag all together!
Stay tuned for more information on our efforts to move towards a zero-waste future!
Juliette Bohn will be presenting a free lecture, “Digester Opportunities in Humboldt County,” on Sunday, July 16 from 4-5pm at the Freshwater Community Hall on Grange Road as part of the 2017 Humboldt Permaculture Guild Summer Lecture Series. Seats are available at a first come, first served basis.