Diet: Gluten-Free, Vegetarian, Paleo, Dairy Free, Vegan
This versatile recipe has two versions: quick and slow. Both are delicious, the main difference is that the tomatoes retain their shape a little better when they are slow roasted.
- 1 pint basket cherry tomatoes, any color (about 1 ½ cups or 25 individual)
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely diced or left whole
- 5 sprigs of fresh thyme, leaves stripped from stems
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon pepper, or to taste
Preheat oven to 350° F. In a medium bowl, toss all of the ingredients together. You can leave the stem caps on the cherry tomatoes.
Pour onto a baking sheet and roast for 20 – 40 minutes, depending on your oven. They are done when they have shriveled some and are a little oozy.
Serve warm or at room temperature on whole grain crackers with chevre and a splash of balsamic vinegar as an appetizer. They can also be tossed into pasta or enjoyed on their own as a tasty treat.
Slow Roasted Version
Preheat the oven to 225° F. Use the same ingredients and instructions as in the quick version, but leave the garlic cloves whole and bake for about two hours.